During the little break, I thought about it and decided that I wanted to share all the information I have been learning and gathering regarding building my author platform and marketing plan. You honestly want to give it some consideration BEFORE you even have a book to sell, based on everything I’ve read.
Since I have come across a lot of great information, I am going to do a mini marketing series of posts to share as much as possible. I really get excited about sharing what I have learned, so I don’t want to short change anyone who takes the time to read my posts.
The series is going to be comprised of 14 posts, to include this one as the introduction and 13 marketing/platform type topics. In the forthcoming posts I will cover the following areas in more depth:
- Creating a positive online footprint
- Developing an online presence
- Interacting with the non-virtual community
- Making your book able to stand up alone
- Having a media kit on standby
- Obtaining book reviews
- Using Email marketing and virtual bundle
- Using social media
- Presenting freebies/discounts
- Having a book release party
- Going on book tours/readings
- Promoting and writing for others
- Establishing a Street Team
As each post becomes active, I will link back to it here.
At the end of the day, it’s about creating a buzz and keeping that initial momentum going! I am certain that if you stay tuned, you are bound to find ideas to add to your toolkit I mentioned in 7 Writing Basics for Your Toolkit. To give you all time to take action and complete the implementation of each recommendation, I will post a new topic every Wednesday.
Are you ready to go on this journey with me? Let me know in the comments! You can also tell me about some topics you think I may have missed. I do not mind researching it.
Photo Credit: Jamo Designsby