A topic I have come across a few times now in my research on marketing ideas is that of blogging. Just about all the major websites have blogs that are available to the public and there is a blog for just about anything you can imagine. Blogging essentially is a really big deal, especially in marketing yourself.
So, if you haven’t already figured it out, YOU SHOULD BE BLOGGING!!! And here are 5 reasons why.
5. To Become a Better Writer. Even if you are a painter, or a brain surgeon, it is a good move to be able to gather your thoughts and write them in a way others can understand. No matter if you are good at it or not, blogging consistently will help you get better.
4. To Gain Exposure. Blogging is a great way to get yourself out there and build your audience. No matter what your creative talent or niche is, you can benefit from taking time to organize your thoughts and relay them to the world. You can tell your story, and build/market both your platform and brand.
3. To Network. Outside of exposure, blogging gives great opportunities to network with like-minded individuals and build up a rapport. It is not always “what” you know, but “who” you know. Interacting with others not only builds your network, but also gives you a sounding board for ideas or feedback when you have questions google doesn’t seem to be answering right. And above all else, it has the potential to bring in prospective consumers.
2. To Create Opportunities. In building your network, blogging often creates other opportunities that may not have otherwise been available. For a writer, like myself, it could open the door to speaking engagements or guest posts on other blogs as a subject matter expert. That gives you a chance to network and gain exposure in an arena you might not have been able to reach on your own.
1. To Make a Difference. At the end of the day, you’d be surprised how many people needed to hear what you had to say. Maybe that insight you have about a topic is exactly what another has been missing. Helping others is often a positive thing that can help create buzz. Word of mouth is still and will always remain (in my opinion) one of the best marketing and promotion tools out there.
Now, there are a lot of other reasons to blog, but these are some great contenders. Do you agree? Let me know! Also, comment any that you think are important reasons to blog that I have missed. I cannot wait to hear from you.
Photo Credit: Ernesto Priegoby